When in spring the lake Päijänne has left the ice and the winter behind and the water’s temperature is a little bit over plus four degrees. This period of the Nature calls you to clean yourself in the traditional Finnish sauna by the lake. Experience abundant physical, mental and spiritual wellness during your sauna-tour.
You will learn to tie the whisk and heat up the authentic traditional Finnish sauna.
• Arrival to Nukula before noon
• Welcoming lunch and discussion about sauna, history, mythology
• Guided excursion into nature to collect trees’ and branches for sauna and tying the whisk
• Heating up the sauna, afternoon coffee brake
• Sauna bath
• Morning swim at lake Päijänne
• Departure from Nukula
How to get to Nukula: You can arrive by car to Nukula or by train, bus or airplane to Jyväskylä. Nukula is located 30 mins drive (30 km) from Jyväskylä. You can take a taxi or we can also arrange a transportation upon request. We can also arrange transportation for bigger groups from Helsinki-Vantaa airport.