Limited availability | Attraction

The church of St. Maria’s in Sastamala

Sastamalan kirkon tie 119
38120 Sastamala

Visit Sastamala +358 3 521 9090 kirkkoherranvirasto.sastamala@evl.fi

Visit website

The center of the ancient Sastamala was Karkku and the area of Sastamala covered the whole norther Satakunta. The grey stone church of Sastamala was built in the end of the 15th century. At the same site there may earlier have been several wooden churches and the chapel of St. Luke. One wall of St. Luke´s still forms a part of the northern wall of the church. The church has been restored into its present shape in the 1960´s. The wooden floor, which was destroyed by the Merulius funghi was removed in 1977 and left open.
The wooden campanile is from 1792 and it was designed by the intendent office in Stockholm.
The church of Sastamala is open during the summer months and its good acoustics has made it a very popular concert place. It also serves as a roadside church.

Other nearby products

Siirry edelliseen
Siirry seuraavaan