A NATURE AND WELLNESS HOLIDAY IN KOLI NATIONAL PARK
– Let’s the make best summer memories on the island of Tarina-Aho
Tarina-Aho is a unique holiday destination on an island in Lake Pielinen, in the middle of the Koli national landscape. Our yard consists of three traditional log buildings, which were originally made by hand in North Karelia and were later moved to Kelvänsaari.
For us, Tarina-Aho is a place that combines nature, Lake Pielinen, peace of mind, the simplicity of things and the North Karelian tradition and hospitality. Arriving at Tarina-Aho is like a trip back in time – busy everyday life and worries remain on the mainland as you board the boat.
We want to offer our guests the most unhurried experience in the middle of nature, which is why we have tried to make every visit as special just for you.
5. – 11.6.2023
3. – 9.7. 2023
21. – 27.8.2023
Groupsize: min 6 max 10
Arrival date pickup from train and arrival at Tarina-Aho crossing the Pielinen lake.
We end the day relaxing by the lake and enjoying a traditional, atmospheric wooden sauna, after which we retire to our own rooms for a good night’s sleep.
– Lake Pielinen
We cross lake Pielinen with canoes, which can easily accommodate 2 people +a bag for the trip.
National Park Koli
-The Best of Koli tour
– Visit at The Koli Nature Centre Ukko
– Smoke sauna
Forest and Herbs
– Workshop on wild herbs and plants for foot bath
– Hammock resting in the pine trees of the beach.
Fishing and yoga
– The idea would be that – everyone could try fishing with different tools.
– Excursion into the nature. The half of the day could be focused, for example, on forest yoga/calm down in nature.
City of Joensuu or stay in Tarina-Aho
– We return to the mainland on a flexible schedule. Transfer to city of Joensuu.
Time to say hei, hei. Have a good trip home.
Price: 1220€/person/ 6 night, 7 days